I’m 29 today (shout out to all my Taurus peeps!) Strangely enough, 29 is a lucky number for me. I’ve been keeping track of all the 29 occurrences in my life, and I figured today was as good a day as any to post them.
- May 29th, 2010 was my wedding day. It was an awesome day. Everything went perfectly, we got just the right amount of drunk (fun, dancing drunk but not fall over and throw up drunk) and best of all, I finally got to marry to the love of my live. Now he’s stuck with me…forever.
- May 29th, 2010 was also, coincidentally, the day Hollywood Video officially went out of business. Who cares? Well, without Hollywood Video, Eric and I may never have met. He was my manager (but don’t judge – we didn’t start dating until long after I’d left the company).
- Eric was 29 when we got married.
- Warren G. Harding was the 29th president of the United States. (Oh, and my last name is Harding).
- My grandmother was 29 when she had her first child, which, as you can imagine, was lot less common back in that time. She was told she’d never be able to have children. She had six. (Interestingly, I also have six. Frozen… in a freezer).
- I’m 29th on the list of Stirrup Queens infertility blogs (under the IUI/IVF category)
Of course, each birthday is bittersweet as I creep closer to the end of my fertile days. Does that sound depressing? Yes, I’m still young. But still, I want to have more than one child. I want to have more than two. How many, I’m not really sure, but I come from a big family and I’ve always wanted a big family. Each year that I don’t get started makes me so anxious.
But enough about that because it’s my birthday, y’all. I had a fun day of shopping with my mom and I came home to flowers and a cupcake (red velvet with ivory frosting to mimic our wedding cake) from my hubs, so you know, I took a leeeetle tiny break from the diet today. And my tummy was so mad. But it was worth it.
So 29 is here, and I’m ready, because 29 will be full of luck and love. And hopefully, you know, a baby.