My dear blog friend Amber tagged me to do this, and since I have no brain power to formulate an original post (at least not one that actually makes it from my brain to WordPress), I’m happily obliging. Because I love talking about myself. Obviously.
Without further ado…
50 Questions I’ve Never Been Asked
1. What’s your favorite candle scent?
I don’t burn candles but I do diffuse essential oils. Or shall I say, essential OIL, because my one true love is YL thieves and I just constantly diffuse it in every room. I know that’s not the “right way” to essential oil because you’re supposed to use different oils for different purposes but thieves just smells so damn good and makes me happy plus I’m way too overwhelmed to learn about all the other ones. At least for right now.
2. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
Any of them… so I could ask her to borrow money. HA!
J/K. I like my actual sisters.
3. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
Same answer as above. I’m not enamored by celebrities at all.
4. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?
I was 26.
5. Do you know a hoarder?
The closest I can think of is my parents, though they would argue that they are “collectors,” not hoarders. All I know is they have a helluva lot of stuff in that basement. I do not look forward to cleaning it out when they move on to a retirement home.
6. Can you do the splits?
This is a very weird way to say this… the splits? Is that how you’re supposed to refer to them?
I could do a regular split in high school during my cheerleader days. I could never do a straddle split, no matter how much I stretched.
7. How old were you when you first learned how to ride a bike?
5? 6? I don’t even know why I’m doing this; I have a terrible memory.
8. How many oceans have you swam in?
Two – Atlantic and Caribbean.
9. How many countries have you been to?
Only 5 — France, Monaco, Canada, Dominican Republic, and Grand Cayman.
10. Is anyone in your family in the army?
There are lots of veterans in my family, including my husband.
11. What would you name your daughter if you had one?
I have two – Molly and Madeline.
12. What would you name your son if you had one?
13. What’s the worst grade you’ve got on a test?
I’ve definitely failed a test or two. Math and Science; never English or Reading.
14. What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid?
When I was a little kid I was all about Fraggle Rock. But sometime during childhood my parents got rid of television and I never got to see any of those 90s shows that everyone talks about. I don’t think I missed much.
15. What did you dress up as for Halloween when you were 8?
Uhhh… seriously? I have no idea.
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
No, yes, yes.
17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent?
I like British accents but I also like me just the way I am.
18. Did your mother go to college?
19. Are your grandparents still married?
My maternal grandmother is a widow and my paternal grandparents are still married.
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
Yes! My whole family did karate for a solid year when I was young. I think I made it up to the second level (orange belt? Is that right?) before we all gave up on our Karate Kid dreams.
21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
22. What was the first amusement park you went to?
I want to say Dorney Park because it’s the one I remember visiting all the time and I still love it there but it’s probably Sesame Place (which I hated).
23. What language beside your native language would you like to be fluent in?
FRENCH. I’m such a Francophile.
24. Do you spell the color grey or gray?
Gray because I’m American and that’s how we do in ‘MURICA.
25. Is your father bald?
26. Do you know any triplets?
My husband worked with a triplet a few jobs ago and we went to her wedding. I think she was a natural triplet?
27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
I went to see Titanic in the theater seven times. I had a real thing for Leonardo DiCaprio and was a melodramatic teen when that movie came out.
28. Have you ever had Indian food?
29. What’s the name of your favorite restaurant?
White Orchids. THE BEST THAI.
30. Have you ever been to Nandos?
No, but now I’m skeptical of this survey because someone else said it’s super British. We don’t have Nandos in the US. Is that why they call it “the splits?” Is that a British thing?
31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, Bookers, etc.)?
Sam’s Club only because it’s the closest to my house.
32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
Michael. They were fairly convinced I was a boy, actually, until I came out.
33. If you have a nickname, what is it?
34. Who’s your favorite person in the world?
I have lots of favorite people for different reasons. They know who they are.
35. Would you rather live in the countryside or the city?
Thank God I’m a country girl.
36. Can you whistle?
Not even a little bit.
37. Do you sleep with a nightlight?
I sleep with a salt lamp, which is really like a night light. Eric complains about it ALL THE TIME because he’d rather have the room pitch dark but I’ve truly come to love it over the years and couldn’t imagine not having it. I don’t know if it’s really making me healthier but I like the dim glow, especially when little visitors come tiptoeing in after having a nightmare or when I need to change a tiny diaper at 3AM.
38. Do you eat breakfast every morning?
39. Do you take any pills or medication daily?
I should be taking prenatals because I’m still breastfeeding but I ran out and have failed to purchase more. I am the worst.
40. What medical conditions do you have?
None that I know of.
41. How many times have you been to the hospital?
Just 3 for 3 c-sections.
42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
43. Where do you buy your jeans?
I can’t remember the last time I bought jeans.
44. What’s the last compliment you got?
“You’re the best mommy I never saw.” <--- direct quote 45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
46. What flavor of tea do you enjoy?
What flavor of tea DON’T I enjoy? (Also, now 100% convinced this is a British poll).
47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
Much fewer than I used to… I’ll say maybe 20-30? I keep paring down as I slowly come to the realization that I’ll never rock 4″ heels again.
48. What religion will you raise your children to practice?
They will be good Catholics and THEY WILL LOVE IT.
49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
9ish… I remember the exact moment I found out the truth. And how my mom said, “Oh good, now you can help me wrap all the presents for your brother and sister.”
50. Why do you have a blog?
I have no idea anymore. It started out as a way to connect with others suffering through infertility and now I don’t want to give it up because I like it here. My posts get about 1/4 of the views they used to and it’s become increasingly difficult to figure out what to write about (or find time to write once I do nail down a topic) but every time I do write or get a comment, it buoys me up and reminds me why I still do this. I guess because I see no reason NOT to do it, even if I only post every month or two as opposed to every week. One day I’ll look back read these posts and it’ll make me smile, I think. So if you’re here, I’m here. Even if you’re not here… I’ll still probably be here.
And now I’m going to be an asshole and not tag anyone specific to “copy and repost” because most of the people I read have already been tagged. But if you do feel inspired to fill this out, please do, I’d love to hear if you can do the splits or not.