We went to Denver, and it was wonderfully relaxing. Yes, I managed to take it easy and enjoy myself. I’ve compiled a list of observations from the trip.
1) They put green chili on everything. Also, there’s always a bottle of malt vinegar to put on your French fries.
2) They have the best damn beer I’ve ever tasted (and I’m not even sure I like beer).
3) I wore a knit winter cap the whole time. It just felt right.
4) I was definitely the fattest person there. Even in 9 degree weather, people were working out everywhere you looked. “Health conscious” may be an understatement.
5) All the cars had 4 wheel drive. Obviously.
6) Buffalo meat was readily available. It tastes just like beef, but is supposedly less fatty. Plus, it feels cool to order a buffalo burger.
7) The people really are nicer out West.
8) I also wore a ski jacket the whole time and felt like I fit in. Makeup was overkill. I’m pretty sure NY Fashion Week isn’t the event of the year out there.
9) Ok, so Coloradans don’t care about fashion. Things they do care about: music, the environment, and locally brewed beer.
10) The bread doesn’t get stale for a really long time. No humidity!
11) Colorado: Flat. Flat. Flat. Flat. Foothill. MOUNTAIN. HUGE EFFING MOUNTAIN.
12) On a clear day, you can literally see Kansas.
13) It’s the mile high city. You could say we were really high the whole time we were there.
14) Listening to the radio, we heard a song called “There’s No Tortillas” by Lalo Guerrero. Watch the video, it will make your day.